Discretionary Funding Request
Please complete the funding request form completely.
Complete the Requestor information.
Explain thoroughly why funding is needed from the Dean’s Discretionary Fund and why the cost cannot be covered from existing funding sources. Elaborate on how this request fulfills the University's mission of teaching, research, and public service, along with your plans for covering these costs in the future since this source is intended one-time funding for unexpected costs. Please attach a detailed budget.
Identify all line items of your funding request within the SAME project. If you are requesting funds for different projects, SEPARATE forms must be submitted.
Steps to follow:
- Requestor should complete the online Funding Request Form a minimum of 6 weeks in advance of intended use. However, you can edit your request up until the end of the month of submission. Planning ahead is important to ensure timely approval of request.
- Your request is not complete until you press submit at the bottom of the form.
- The form is submitted to the Dean’s Office for review and further vetting as necessary.
- If funding is available, the requestor will be notified by the Dean’s Office via e-mail two weeks after the end of the month. Please review the Dean’s Office recommendation carefully.
- It is the department’s responsibility to coordinate the appropriate transfer of funds with the Dean’s Office.
- A detailed actual expense report needs to be submitted as back up for the transfer of funds by the end of each quarter. Transfers are based on actual expenses up to the amount awarded.
For any questions regarding this process, you may contact Tiffany Ibarra at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-893-2328.