The Dean’s Cabinet is comprised of volunteer leaders who provide strategic guidance to the Dean in advancing the mission of the Division and the University. Dean’s Cabinet Members serve at the invitation of the Dean of Social Sciences and reflect a positive perspective of the University to donors, alumni, parents, staff, faculty, and the world. They uphold the highest ethical standards of UCSB and bring credit and distinction to the campus. Each member participates in two meetings per year, attends regional activities when possible, and hosts one regional activity over the course of a three-year term.
- Support and advocate on behalf of UCSB.
- Deepen our donor understanding of UCSB’s teaching, research, public service mission, and accomplishments.
- Identify and engage new UCSB supporters, contribute to the stewardship of current relationships.
- Raise the profile of the Division of Social Sciences in the eyes of our multiple publics.
Energy and Inspiration
- Engage with broad objectives and priorities of the Division, providing feedback to the Dean’s team.
- Choose one priority initiative of the Division annually to devote special energies.
- Inspire personal and professional networks to engage with the University.
- Provide advice, contacts, and open doors for the Social Sciences Development team.
Lead by Example
- Identify potential new Cabinet Members, helping us realize our goal of a membership that represents a diversity of sectors, skills, gender, graduation years, and interests as pertaining to the Division and the University.
- Expand a circle of Social Sciences friends and volunteers.
- Help to cultivate and grow a “donor ethos” through continued generous support for the course of the term.